Thursday, January 27, 2011

Birthdays!

It's been birthday week here at the Lighthouse. As of Monday, Jenna is 17, and Meredith turned 6 on Wednesday.

Kenny and I took Jenna to Sybils for dinner on Saturday night. It's an "adult" restaurant. (meaning there is NOT a kids menu!) We had such a nice time, spending a couple of hours just visiting and sharing. Jenna really is an "adult" now! I already find myself feeling sad that she'll be heading to college in just a few short months. A sweet friend reminded me not to ruin her excitement by being too sad. I think I already knew this, but I was so glad that she said it--so I could really think about it. I really AM excited for Jenna to go to Harding. (our campus visit in Dec. was great!) I'm excited about what the future holds for her. BUT---She will be SO missed around here! She is such a help to me and she is my friend. I will miss her companionship. (and I miss her taxi services!)

Meredith wanted a pony for her birthday. She didn't get one. But she was happy with her Rapunzel/Tangled doll, and Princess Color Wonder coloring posters. She especially liked her can of silly string. It doesn't take much to thrill a 6 year old!

No comments: