Wednesday, April 14, 2010

time for a new update?

so once again I will say it, I'm not a very good blogger! :-)

We've had lots of changes since I last wrote! The biggest one being my new part time job. I didn't even know that I was wanting a part time job, but God have provided the most perfect job for me! I'm working for the hospital outreach lab as a courier. I work 1:30-7 pm on Mon, Tues., Thurs. and Fri. I drive to 4 different clinics, picking up specimens and test orders. When I return to the lab, I process them into the lab for testing. Here's why it's perfect: no late nights, no weekends, quiet time in the car to pray, sing, be silent, think, memorize lines for the upcoming play that I'm in, listen to encouraging messages such a sermons and homeschool conference speakers. In addition to all this, I like that I'm pretty much "on my own" to get my work finished. When I'm finished, I can go home. I'm very much an independent kind of person, so I like this part a lot! I feel so blessed!

One of the other advantages to this arrangement is that I am forced to be more organized with my time. In order to feed my family, I HAVE to have menus planned and a good grocery list. Jenna has been fabulous about getting dinner ready. (If you have never seen the "Saving Dinner" cookbook--you should check it out. 8 weeks of menus for each of the 4 seasons, complete with side dishes, although sometimes they are strange choices!--we're flexible with it. We've used it long enough to know which things we prefer to skip). I've also had to be more organized with our schooling--which is never a bad thing!

and on that note--it's time to get school started! I'll not promise to write more later--but I will try! :-)

No comments: