Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Parents have been married for FIFTY years!




I love my parents! They are wonderful people. They are my friends and they love my children. What more could a girl ask for??

Tomorrow is the 50th Anniversary of their wedding, August 27, 1960. They had only met 2 months earlier, on June 27th. It was the summer after Mom had finished her freshman year of college. Her boyfriend had left town for the summer, to sell Bibles, door to door. She just wanted to go water skiing..... Dad had a boat! The rest is history! I've always loved their story.

Now, as a mother of 4 girls, this story has become somewhat disturbing! How will I feel if MY daughters decide to do something like this when they are only 18? In light of the fact that Mom and Dad have been married for 50 years?..... Hmmmm..... I'll have to think on that for a while! Or maybe I won't have to!
Our family will all be together this weekend to celebrate. I'll post pictures of them "now" next week.

No comments: