Thursday, August 19, 2010

New School Year!

We started school this week. It's gone ok so far. I'm still working this week, so that has made it more challenging. Last Spring when I started working, it worked out well, but NOW we have a kindergartener! Meredith is SOOOO excited about school! She's mad when we are busy and "skip" the day. But K is so easy for her that we do 2 or more lessons in one day--so we can afford to skip a day here and there. Jenna is loving British Literature (Sonlight 530). I'm doing American History with Clarissa and Rebecca (Sonlight 100). I think it's supposed to be self study, but I LIKE to do it with them--so I'm reading the history aloud to them.

Tomorrow is my last regular day of work. I'm staying on as "irregular part time" so that I can sub for the courier sometimes. They've already asked me to work 2 days in Sept.

1 comment:

Luke Holzmann said...

Yep, my family always enjoyed reading together too... even if we were "supposed to" read some of the books on our own [smile].

~Luke