Monday, October 11, 2010

an Announcement!

It's official! I'm training, with my friend Allison, to run a 5K. I AM NOT a runner! I've never been a runner, BUT hopefully I can become one now. My dad is a runner. He's run 15 marathons. He ran one last December at the age of 74! But I did not get the running genes. I've always said that I have small lungs, which makes it hard for me to run. We measured lung capacity in physiology class in college. I had the smallest lungs in the class. But I'm ready to "expand" them.

I did my first training run yesterday. I am SO sore today! But tomorrow, I will do another training run. I have a schedule to follow and I will follow it---even if it kills me!

Allison is a runner. She probably wouldn't say that she's a runner, but I think she is. Kenny said she has good running form. (He didn't say that about me! LOL!) She'll push me. She inspires me! I'll keep you updated on my progress. If I don't, you'll know that it killed me!

No comments: