Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New Dishes!

There are certain things in life that I think should "match;" towels, sheets and dishes. While I'm certainly not judgemental about someone else's home! (Don't worry--I don't even NOTICE these things at other peoples houses!) for me, I like to have these things match the other decor. In the past, when I've moved into a new home, I've purchased towels and dishes to match, EXCEPT for when we moved into our current home two years ago. I didn't have time to shop and I did have any extra cash at the time. SO--for two years we've been using the old dishes; the dishes that are really looking BAD due to their age, (they have a design on them that has mostly worn off) and that are green and peach. My kitchen is painted gold and I have lovely red canisters!

Last week, I received in the mail, my Kohl's discount coupon and sale ad. Fiestaware was on a great sale AND I got a 30% off coupon!!!! How exciting! So on Saturday, I went to Springfield with the sole purpose of buying new dishes. I love my new scarlett and sunflower Fiesta dishes! They make me smile! My kids love them too. Isn't it silly that "dishes" can bring such joy? But they do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post! I COMPLETELY understand this! Shannon and I have been married for 13 years and I still have the same white dishes from when we got married. We buy homes, remodel and then sell...so most our cash goes to necessities instead of luxuries. Well, I have been given the go ahead to buy new dishes for Christmas and let me tell you...I wake up each morning with a new excitement for life!!! HA HA HA I cannot wait until I find the "perfect set"!!! :)
PS-i love Kohl's fiesta ware, really cool!